At Westbridge Academy we believe that every child has the right to learn within a happy, supportive and safe environment. One of our aims is to instil self-confidence, belief and a passion for education. We believe these are integral for all pupils. Regardless of ability, we support our students to develop their potential through nurturing their natural desire to learn and be successful. As part of our school, it is important that all children develop a sense of community, have empathy and respect for people from all backgrounds.
Our Pastoral support system plays a pivotal role in providing support to students, ensuring their full engagement in learning while addressing any obstacles they may encounter. We offer a range of interventions designed to assist students in overcoming challenges. These include a comprehensive range of support and initiatives to nurture the well-being of our students, including:
- ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant): We offer one-on-one sessions to address various emotional and social needs.
- Drama Therapy: We offer both one-on-one and group sessions to address various personal growth and emotional social needs.
- Pastoral check-in Sessions: Students can access support and guidance from our pastoral team whenever they need it.
- Zones of Regulation: We teach students strategies to manage and regulate their emotions effectively.
- Behaviour Support: within the classroom and on the playground to promote and reinforce positive behaviour among our students.
- Worry Boxes are in every class throughout Key Stage 1 and 2. Here they can share concerns, which are monitored by teachers.
- Health and Well-being Assemblies: We conduct assemblies to educate students on the importance of health and well-being.
- Children’s Mental Health Day: We actively participate in events like Children's Mental Health.
- Peer Mediators: Peer mediators are available on the playground to offer support and guidance.